Looking for the Top 10 Dog-Friendly Wineries in Sonoma County? Wine Routes team has put together a list of wineries where your dog is welcome. Sipping wine while enjoying the company of your pet is the best thing ever. Click the map below for information on each location, and scroll down to learn more about the best Sonoma County has to offer in dog-friendly wine-tasting.
- Amista Vineyard
- Mutt Lynch Winery
- Wilson Winery
- Taft Street Winery
- Landmark Winery – Russian River Valley
- Arista Winery
- Dutton-Goldfield Winery
- Deerfield Ranch Winery
- Kunde Family Winery
- Larson Family Winery
Visit these wineries via the handy Wine Route
- Stroll Amista’s beautiful estate vineyards at your leisure and explore the varieties they grow, learn about the wines made and discover their backwater pond that is part of the Habitat Enhancement Project designed to restore the natural fish habitat in Dry Creek. Perfect for walking your dog.
- The complimentary walk is approximately one-half mile on flat terrain. Dogs on a leash and children are welcome. We suggest comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing for the weather.
- Open daily from 11:00am – 4:30pm. No reservations required. Come to the tasting room to register, pick up a map and let the adventure begin!
- Mutt Lynch Winery is proud to support local, national and international animal rescue organizations in their tireless efforts to save pets’ lives. They try to help out whenever and wherever we can, in their own small way, with donations of wine, time and other fundraising activities.
- Mutt Lynch Winery Tasting Room; and by all means, bring your dogs! We are open to the public and no reservations are required. They offer several Wine Tasting Flights as well as a complimentary Dog Treat Tasting for your canine companion! Can’t bark about that!
- Open daily from Monday to Saturday from 11am to 6pm – Sunday Noon to 5pm.
- The staff at Wilson Winery welcomes dogs with open arms, offering pups treats and water. Owners can chill on the outdoor patio and sip zinfandel while taking in the estate vineyards views.
- It’s a well-known fact that the Wilsons are known for their love of dogs. Take for example their dog-themed wine brand, 3 Dog Zin, which features the family’s three dogs, Molly, Sydney, and Victoria.
- Although Wilson Winery is known for their prized Zinfandels, they also produce a wide selection of other wines, including Sauvignon Blanc, Summertime White & Blush, Petite Sirah, Chardonnay, Cabernet, and Specialty Red Blends. Can you say Chardon-YAH!
- Visit Wilson daily, between 11 am and 5 pm.
- Like the renegade Bordeaux winemakers known as “Garagistes,” Taft Street began in a garage rather than a grand chateau, stressing quality without pretense. Their handcrafted wines are perfect for any occasion; best enjoyed when surrounded by friends and family.
- From a backyard Berkeley garage to an old apple processing plant in Sebastopol, California, the family at Taft Street continues in the garagistes traditions to this day, crafting limited production, crowd-pleasing wines from select Sonoma County vineyards.
- We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Located in the heart of the Russian River Valley on Westside Road, we offer daily tastings of our esteemed Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays in our historic tasting room.
- Wine Society Members receive priority access to our handcrafted, small-production wines along with complimentary tastings and invitations to exclusive events. Each April and October, our winemaker selects our best bottles to be delivered right to your door.
- Open Thur – Sun 10am to 5pm Reservations required for 8 or more.
- From the beginning, the McWilliams have firmly believed that the finest examples of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are produced in small lots. This belief has always led to an emphasis on quality over quantity and a determination to discover and develop unique vineyard sites that reflect the distinct characteristics of the Russian River Valley.
- Their most frequented offering is the Appellation Experience which is a seated, in-depth look at the vision that the McWilliams family has and how it drives their brand.
- In addition to their vineyards, the estate also features one acre of organic gardens, a thriving brood of multiple breeds of American Heritage hens, and serves as the base for honey and olive oil production. Timothy Kaulfers, their executive chef, oversees the garden and masterfully marries handcrafted wines with hand-grown produce to create truly inspiring pairings.
- The above experience is available 7 days a week from 10 am to 4 pm by appointment only.
- Dutton-Goldfield Winery began with a handshake in a vineyard in 1998, when longtime colleagues and friends Steve Dutton and Dan Goldfield recognized a shared vision between them—to craft wines that express the personalities of their cool-climate vineyards, and which they’d enjoy drinking at their own dinner tables.
- Dutton Ranch is comprised of over eighty separate small vineyards, each with its own characteristics. Along with the fruit from Dutton Ranch, we also source Pinot Noir and Riesling from some spectacular single vineyard sites in Marin County, Sonoma Coast, and Anderson Valley.
- The Green Valley of Russian River Valley AVA is home to our winery, tasting room, and Dutton Ranch, the source of most of our fruit. Located at the southwestern corner of the Russian River Valley its close proximity to the Pacific Ocean makes it one of the coolest appellations within Sonoma County.
- Open daily from Monday to Sunday from 10am – 4:30pm. No reservations required. Dogs are welcome outside.
We hope that you and your dog have a great time exploring and visiting these Dog-Friendly Wineries. Make sure to post photos of you and your dog on our Instagram Account https://www.instagram.com/wineroutes/